Strategic (Overview and Scrutiny) Committee
Purpose of committee
The Council’s budget and policies, the management of its budget, capital, revenue borrowing and assets. Local democracy and the achievement of effective, transparent and accountable decision making by the Council. The overall strategic role to monitor performance including the medium term financial strategy, plan for the District, performance review.
The provision, planning, management and performance of support services, the plan for the District – and any other Council function not otherwise addressed by any other Overview & Scrutiny Committee.
- Councillor Rob Strachan (Chairman)
- Councillor Sue Woodward (Vice-Chair)
- Councillor Shirley Ann Barnett (Vice-Chair)
- Councillor Douglas Constable
- Councillor Diane Evans
- Councillor Colin Greatorex
- Councillor Joseph Powell
- Councillor Ben Rayner
- Councillor Andrew Smith
- Councillor Martyn Tittley
- Councillor Alan White
Support officer: Christine Lewis.
Phone: 01543 308065