Calculation of Business Rates 2019/20, Council Tax Base for 2019/20 and the Projected Collection Funded Surplus / Deficit for 2018/19
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
1.1 That Council be recommended to approve an update to Council Tax discounts:
· To remove the 2 month period for unoccupied and unfurnished domestic property from 1 April 2019.
· To update the discounts on long term empty properties of 2 years or more:
1. From 1 April 2019 an increase up to 200% (currently 150%).
2. From 1 April 2020 for properties empty for less than 5 years up to 200% and at least 5 years up to 300%.
3. From 1 April 2021 for properties empty for less than 5 years up to 200%, at least 5 years but less than 10 years up to 300% and at least 10 years up to 400%.
1.2 That Council be recommended to approve in accordance with the relevant legislation and regulations, the Council Taxbase (Band D residential properties) for Lichfield District for the financial year 2019/20 of 38,010.8 (non-approval of 2.1 would reduce the Taxbase by 171.5 to 37,839.3).
1.3 That the estimated Council Tax Collection fund Surplus of (£230,300) and the estimated Business Rates Collection Fund surplus of (£529,800) for 2018/19 be noted.
1.4 That Authority be delegated to the Cabinet Member for Finance and Democracy and the Chief Financial Officer (Section 151) to complete and certify the NNDR1 for 2019/20 on behalf of the Council.
Publication date: 05/12/2018
Date of decision: 04/12/2018
Decided at meeting: 04/12/2018 - Cabinet