Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
Should the Council set up a Community Lottery to support the Community and Voluntary Sector (CV’s)
1.1 Approved the establishment of a local lottery for Lichfield District and the attached Business Case.
1.2 Approved the preferred option to appoint an External Lottery Management (ELM), approve a waiver of the contract procedure rules and authorise the Cabinet Member Housing and Communities, in consultation with the Head of Regulatory Services Housing and Wellbeing to appoint Gatherwell Ltd as the ELM for a period of 3 years.
1.3 Agreed that the Head of Regulatory Services Housing and Wellbeing and the Partnerships, Community Safety & Licensing Manager be appointed to be responsible for holding the licence and submitting the necessary application to the Gambling Commission and to approve good causes applications to raise funds through the lottery.
1.4 Agreed that Authority be delegated to the Cabinet Member for Communities and Housing and the Head of Regulatory Services, Housing and Wellbeing to determine a name for the Lottery.
1.5 Recommended that Council approve the policies listed below to govern the operation of the lottery and that the Cabinet Member for Housing and Communities, in consultation with the Head of Regulatory Services Housing and Wellbeing be authorised to make any minor amendments that may be required to the policies in the future:
· Social Responsibility in Gambling
· Protection from Crime and Disorder
· Implementation Procedures
· Fair and Open Gambling
· Children and Vulnerable Person Protection
1.6 Agreed that the Cabinet Member for Housing and Communities, in consultation with one of the license holders, is authorised to determine if any good cause should be removed or rejected from being a member of the lottery.
1.7 Appointed We Love Lichfield (administered/governed by the Community Foundation for Staffordshire) to distribute the share of the proceeds the Council is allocated to distribute (10%) received from the lottery on the same basis as they administer the Council’s Small Grants Fund.
Report author: Gareth Davies
Publication date: 13/11/2019
Date of decision: 12/11/2019
Decided at meeting: 12/11/2019 - Cabinet
- Item 5 - Community Lottery Scheme Cabinet Report v2 ZR PDF 163 KB
- Item 5 - Appendix A - ACORN Analysis PDF 105 KB
- Item 5 - Appendix B - Social Responsibility in Gambling Policy PDF 101 KB
- Item 5 - Appendix C - Protection from Source of Crime and Disorder Policy PDF 167 KB
- Item 5 - Appendix D - Implementation procedures Policy PDF 94 KB
- Item 5 - Appendix E - Fair and Open Gambling Policy PDF 112 KB
- Item 5 - Appendix F - Children and vulnerable person protection policy PDF 101 KB
- Item 5 - Appendix G - Lichfield District Lottery Business Plan DRAFT (002) PDF 232 KB