Venue: Council Chamber, Frog Lane, Lichfield
Contact: Wendy Johnson
Apologies for Absence
Apologies for absence were received from Councillors Cross, Ho, Humphreys, Salter and S Wilcox.
Declarations of Interest
Councillors Anketell, Baker, Checkland, Matthews and Ray declared a personal interest in application no. 18/01217/OUTFLM as they were also Members of Lichfield City Council who had registered objections on this application. They confirmed they were not predetermined nor predisposed.
Councillor Checkland declared a personal interest in application no. 21/00803/FUL as the Applicant was known to him.
The Minutes of the meeting held on Monday 4 October 2021 previously circulated were taken as read, approved as a correct record and signed by the Chair.
Applications for permission for development were considered with the recommendations of the Head of Economic Growth and Development and any letters of representation and petitions of observations/representations together with the supplementary report of observations/representations received since the publication of the agenda in association with Planning Applications 18/01217/OUTFLM, 21/00803/FUL and 21/00914/FULM.
Cricket Lane, Lichfield, Staffordshire
RESOLVED: That this planning application be approved subject to the conditions contained in the report of the Head of Economic Growth and Development, the amended conditions contained in the supplementary report and an additional condition requested by the members of the Planning Committee who were concerned about the height of the commercial buildings:- Additional Condition/Condition 42: No commercial buildings on the approved employment land shall exceed 12.5 metres in height to ridge.
Reason: To ensure the high quality form and appearance of the development having regard to its prominent position at a strategic entrance to the City and proximity to residential development approved in principle within this application and in accordance with the requirements of Core Policies 1, 2, 3, 7, 14 and BE1 of the Local Plan Strategy, Policy Lichfield 6 and Appendix I - Cricket Lane South of Lichfield SDA Concept Statement of the Local Plan Strategy, the Sustainable Design Supplementary Planning Document, the National Model Design Code and the National Planning Policy Framework.
The inclusion of this additional condition was unanimously agreed by the members of the Planning Committee and was included and agreed as part of the substantive motion for approval.
(1) Subject to the owners/applicants first entering into a Section 106 Legal Agreement under the Town and Country Planning Act (as amended) to secure contributions/planning obligations towards:-
1. On-site affordable housing provision;
2. On-site sports provision (including changing facilities and management);
3. On-site Public Open Space provision (including delivery of allotments and public art);
4. Off-site Primary School Education provision;
5. Highway and transport contributions (comprising off-site highway works (junction improvements) and Quarry Hills Lane feasibility contribution), public transport service enhancement sum and travel plan monitoring sum and London Road connectivity contribution); and
6. Off-site Health Care Contribution.
(2) If the S106 legal agreement is not signed/completed by 28 February 2022 or the expiration of any further agreed extension of time, then powers to be delegated to officers to refuse planning permission, based on the unacceptability of the development, without the required contributions and undertakings, as outlined in the report.
(3) The committee wanted it noted that they had ... view the full minutes text for item 20.